Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When the going gets tough...

.... the tough give high 5s.

This is why I love Twitter - I was having a seriously rough day yesterday, but decided it was time to recommit to staying positive. I remember reading at the end of last year all the positive and contagious effects of social media in helping not only emotional health but physical health, too. I don't know if it's possible to really measure happiness but for me - like how I approach data analysis - it's all about direction. If happiness spreads it can be enough to keep you moving.

Anyway, happy friends make you happy, and I want to give a shout out to these people in my twitterfamily - some of them high 5'ed me, and some of them actually danced at their desk for me. So thank you for taking the time, and for possibly embarrassing yourself in your respective cubefarms or homes. There is always time for a high5 and that tiny encouragement can lift you out of very dark holes. Sort of like flipping the bird to the boogey man. Love it.

Please always count on me and my readiness to embarrass myself for you:

thekim
shayera
mom2cats
DowntoEarthMama
readergirl
rubissima
armylibrarian
HeatherShorter
chrismassicotte
jasmined
_Traci_
sumrtime
ruby
kbladow
lrothschild
jeffdcohen
briankraemer
Thandelike
valancy17
Agirlnamedandy
nellebabe
DCBadger
MsNovember
summersumz
JamesPlankton

You gals and guys seriously helped me stay lifted. Thanks :)

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Nerdette- you can always count on me since you were quick to respond when I said Twits' were my imaginary friends. This shows that we are really real (I wanted to put some more reallys in there) and we're here to help each other with a laugh or a pat on the back. I live vicariously through you DC chix, I want you to know cause you're so much fun. Whenever you're in South West Florida, you have a place to stay.

MsDiagnosed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MsNovember said...

I saw your tweet when I came homeon my lunch break. I'd been feeling bored and listless and a little depressed all morning. But your radical optimism was contagious. After I replied, I threw on some music, spent my lunch break cleaning my apartment and dancing, and went back to work in a great mood that lasted all night.

So thank you, too!

Janelle DiGiammerino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.